Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Abby's first Raleigh friend!

This is Gracie.  She and Abby are in class together and our neighborhoods are right next to eachother.  It was so nice having her over to play.  It was the first friend Abby has had to our new house and she was so excited!   They played for hours and of course, the play date ended with a plea for a spend the night!  We decided the spend the night would be better for the next play date but I definitely see many in the future!  

It was so hard for Abby to leave her friends and she has missed them so much!   It can be very lonely when you don't have your friends around (believe me, I know!)  Sometimes it just takes one kind person to put a smile on your face!  It was so nice to see that excitement back in my sweet little girl!

For those of you asking, "What about Jake?"  Well, never fear...anyone who knows me knows I would never have a play date for one and not the other!  Jake's favorite friend in his class (Jackson) is coming over on Friday!   It should be a fun filled day!

1 comment:

  1. Finally! Some posts on your blog! yay! I'm in California this week but so happy you've started blogging so I can read about what's going on there. Abby is Abigail now, huh? WOW! She's like a teenager! So glad to see the progress. I have to take a mandatory furlough soon and maybe i can come up there to visit during my mandatory unpaid time off.
    love you much and miss you more!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete