Saturday, July 25, 2009

Weekends...Our Summer!

I have decided that because my sweet children are somewhat cheated out of a summer due to the year round school schedule, we are going make our weekends...SUMMER!  Ok- so I know I am probably creating a very big monster.  However, we have to have some fun this summer, right??

So what if Friday afternoon snacks after school are root beer and cookie dough?  So what if we let the kids stay up as late as they want and hang in pajamas until we go to the pool?  It's summer!  I miss our 2 1/2 months of lazy summer days by the pool.  I loved the time with no rules (or at least not many), do what you feel, play with friends and have many many sleepovers.  So, we are going to do our best to create as many "Summer" memories as we can.  We'll just do them on the weekends!!

One day we will look back on this as an exciting, growing experience!  I hope!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment