Friday, July 24, 2009

I haven't been blogging much because I didn't want to be a "Debbie Downer".   I want to be the person that can wake up and say. "OK, I know I moved from friends and family and a life that I LOVED, but this is an adventure and we are going make it great!"  I realize I need to be that person and I really am trying.  There was one day this week that I woke up and said that.  But, by noon I was lonely and missing friends.  With my kids being in school all day I don't even have them to hang with.  Keith works ALL the time so I rarely see him during the week.   So, the lonliness sets in and I get that, "I really want to go back home" feeling again!  Although, I will say there have been many less tears this week!  

I also do realize how lucky we are that Keith has a good job.  We have a nice house and we are all healthy!  I am thankful for those things every day!  So I am going to focus this post on the positives and maybe just maybe I will feel better for it!

Abby (who goes by Abigail now at school by the way) and Jake have been doing really well in school!  Of course, every day Jake doesn't want to go but at least he isn't crying anymore.  They each have met one good friend and have play dates set up for the coming week!  Even though they don't like going to school in the summer they like their teacher and their classmates!  I am so thankful for that!  Also, Abby's friend's parents invited us to try their church so we are going this weekend.   Good things ARE happening here.

Abby is doing great in gymnastics and seems to like it more every day!  Jake is starting golf lessons this week and is going to play Upward Basketball.   Also, because we are only 2 1/2 from the Coast we are going to go to the beach for a weekend during their break from school!  

WOW!  How was that for upbeat and positive!  God is good, no matter where we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment